Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What is God's will for my life?
















When people seek to now and do the will of God, many ask the question,
What is God's will for my life?
A seminary professor of mine, Dr.Gaines S.Dobbins, used to say,
"if you ask the wrong question, you are going to to get the wrong answer."
Sometimes we assume that every question is a legitimate question. When we pursue an answer and always come up wrong, we cannot figure out what is happening. Always check and see if you have asked the right question before you pursue the answer.

What is God's will for my life? -is not the right question.
I think the right question is, What is God's will?
Once i know God's will, then i can adjust my life to Him. In other words, what is it that God is purposing where i am. Once i know what God is doing, then i know what i need to do. The focus needs to be on God, not my life.

The right question is : What is god's will??

Posted by Rachel
from Experiencing God

No comments: